UPDATE CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
Our Dear America Cinema Customers,
As of 3/17/2020 new restrictions are made in the State of Texas, we feel obligated to give you the following updates during this situation of Coronavirus (COVID-19) and how we have been handling it in our theaters for your safety and health.
Both of our theaters located in Fort Worth and Houston has increased their sanitation and cleaning procedure to include:
- Every 2 hours our staff are disinfecting high-touch hard surfaces hourly, including door handles, box office and concession counters, ticket kiosks, handrails and faucets;
- Deep-cleaning in the auditoriums and wiping down all cup holders from our seats.
- We ar providing hand sanitizer to our guest and clients.
- Serving food with gloves at all times in our concession stands.
Social Distancing Assurance
With the new restrictions from our local government offices we are now reducing our seat capacity, lowered the number of showtimes, and changed our hour of operation.
- Reducing seating capacity in each auditorium by at least 50 percent;
- Playing only 2 showtimes a day including weekends with our new hours of operation from 5 pm – 9 pm.
- Recommending our customers to buy tickets online or through the new app instead of buying them in our concession stand to avoid more social contact.
America Cinemas already conducted meetings to our employees about the situation by:
- Educating them about COVID-19 symptoms, recommended preventative measures and updates;
- Instructing all to wash their hands a minimum of hourly, which has been proven by the CDC to be the most effective preventative measure; and
- Encouraging employees and guests to stay home if they are not feeling well.
- New methods of greetings and encouraging them to ask our customer to pay in Debit cards instead of cash.